Q. My husband behaves rudely all the time. Kindly advice.

Answered by
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2019

Hello doctor,

My husband is mostly sad and depressed. He cannot listen a word against him or his family(mom, dad & sister). He gets mad and behaves very rudely with everyone if they do not agree to what he says. He fought with his boss in his company for silly reasons. He abuses me emotionally and mentally. He hides from colleagues and friends about his marital status, to some he says he is not married and to some, he says he is married, and his wife stays with his family and works in a bank (but I live with him and work in MNC).

He always uses to tell a lie to me in small things also, he is never ready to accept his fault. Even if it is evident that it is his fault, he will never agree. He was flirting with some girl and went to meet her, and I got to know this when I checked his phone when I confronted him, he got mad at me. He is not ready to accept that he is at fault. He never answers my questions, always diverts the discussion. He does not have any plan. He hates my family for no reason and always say abusive things against them. He says he loves me but never let me live happily. In short, he is still right. Is he mentally ill?



Welcome to

I can understand your concern. Considering the history of the symptoms you have mentioned, there are few possibilities. One is some underlying mood disturbance which could part of bipolar disorder. This should be appropriately evaluated to make a diagnosis. Repetitive mood swings, keeping grudges, anger outbursts, repetitive lying, etc., are seen commonly.

Such symptoms can occur as part of some personality disturbance. Anger, irritation, etc., could be related to personality issues. Please talk to him and if possible, consult a psychiatrist. Mood stabilizers can be used to control his anger and mood swings.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I feel sad and depressed. I get a lot of negative thoughts. Please help me.

Hello doctor, I am 34 years old mom of a 5 year old. I am excessively tired and have a need to sleep at all times. I had CBC done, and my eosinophils are high, and my MPV is low, but everything else came back fine. My body aches, and I feel horrible....   Read full

Postpartum Depression

History of bipolar disorder ... Family history of depression or other psychological disorders ...   Read full

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

.. top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuo...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.