Safe Drinking Water

How can I clean and detox my blood after breathing wood smoke?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sensitive to wood smoke. The particle smaller than PM 2.5 or smallest ultrafine particles in wood smoke can behave like gases and can pass through the lungs and reaches the bloodstream directly. I have an increase in blood viscosity level after experiencing the smoke. I can fee...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our lung alveolar macrophage will do the job of clearing particles through the phagocytosis process. But when the load is over, or daily exposure is there, then phagocytosis can become defective. There is no specific drug needed for detoxification. You can practice the ...  Read Full »

What is raw water and how is it different from other types of water?

Query: Hello doctor, What is raw water and how is it different from the tap, spring, and other types of water? What are the perceived benefits and dangers of drinking raw water? When did this fad start? Have you ever seen a patient getting sick by drinking raw water?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raw water consumption has become quite a thing recently, particularly in certain parts of the united states and among people depending on or advocating alternative or herbal medicine. It is unprocessed and totally natural water so it is high in salt contents and other c...  Read Full »

Can hepatitis E cause black stools?

Query: Hello doctor,My mom has hepatitis E since the last 15 days. As advised by the doctor, she is taking Drakshadi Kashaya, three teaspoons mixed with nine teaspoons of water and a quarter teaspoon of Katuki Choorna. Also, she is taking Nirocil tablet thrice a day since three days. Yesterday her stool ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hepatitis E is just like hepatitis A. It spreads through stools and due to poor hygiene. You are taking good medicines. Just wait for few days. Drink boiled water and maintain good hygiene. Take the following medicines too along with your medicines: Vasa Guduchyadi Kas...  Read Full »

What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?

Query: Hello doctor, What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot? Is there any way in Siddha to change the taste of water? Because water does not taste good due to its hardness.   Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can add the following to drinking water for purification:Nellikkai has to be dried (Amla dried) and can be added to drinking water. Nellikai wood (Amla wood chips) can also be added to drinking water. Thetran kottai (Strychnos potatorum) dried seed. When you rub this...  Read Full »