Q. Will same blood group of couple cause any complication to the baby?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

My brother is worried about his marriage because of the same blood group. Both are having a B+ blood group. Is there any problem after marriage for getting a healthy baby? Please explain it to me so that I can talk to him.

#

Same blood group people can marry and can produce a normal child. There is two common universal blood group system that is ABO and Rh. If they both are relative then genetic counselling is needed. As far as same blood group is concerned, do not worry about that. If you want to investigate, then I personally advise you that they both should get tested for thalassemia minor by electrophoresis by HPLC method. You can inform me your electrophoresis report for giving further comment. Take care.

|