Q. I get recurrent rashes and scars with mite allergy. Please suggest a solution.

Dr. Snehal Laul

I am a 13-year-old male. I am 5 feet tall and my weight is 125 lbs. I have skin problem, recurring rashes, and scars.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Do you have night aggravation of itching? Excess scratching and rubbing of the lesion, oozing, or bleeding? Do you have mite allergies? Similar history in family members? Web spaces of finger involvement? Do you have a fever or improper hygiene? Any history of atopy or allergies? A similar episode in the past? Answer the questions for details.

| 

No night aggravation of itching. Sometimes it is not that itchy. Scratches if it is itchy. Try not to scratch as much as possible. No, scratching or itching. There are seldom bleeding on some small wounds, but not oozing.

I have mite allergies. My grandmother's side has the same problem, some skin allergies as well. Father has a scaly scalp, like dandruff, which he has been dealing with for years now. No, web spaces of finger involvement. No fever. I take a bath daily. I had skin asthma when I was a child, 5-6 years old.

Not as long as this time. A month or two, I think when he was younger, five to six years old. Also, not as widespread as this in the arms, feet, and legs. Just in isolated part like in one arm.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

It may be scabies caused by mite. 5 percent Permite cream at night on day 1 and day 7 (apply all over body below neck). Keep contact of cream for 8 to 12 hours and then wash off the next morning. Fucibet cream twice daily for seven days (in morning and evening).

Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for seven days. Permite BB bar soap for bath. Wash clothes separately in hot water and do proper laundry and ironing. Regularly change bed linens and pillows covers. Add neem leaves to bath water or antiseptic liquid like Dettol or Savlon to bathwater.

Keep clothes, towels, soap, comb all personal belongings separately. Do not share your belongings. Similar treatment for family members if similar symptoms present. Take a bath twice daily. Avoid scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection.

|