Q. What causes tiny bumps in hand, finger and feet?

Dr. Charu Bansal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

My son, who is 10 years old, is suffering from skin problem like a tiny bumps in hand, finger and lower part of feet. There is mild itching. The old eruption dries and disappear. There is no fluid sac in the new bumps. Earlier we applied Ascabiol lotion for 5 days and then started Permite lotion. Also, given half tablet Levocet and applied Lactocalamine after a bath.

#

I have read your query and seen the attached images also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concern for your son.

As per details, there are the following possibilities for your son's condition:

1) Scabies - It is characterized by fluid-filled lesions or red bumps or excoriated marks over the body. You have given Permethrin lotion for the same. However, itch and symptoms may persist for a month or so.

2 ) Atopic dermatitis - It is an allergic condition of the skin characterized by a variable rash. In this, the child has sensitive skin leading to the appearance of rash with an itch on exposure to allergens.

I would advise you to apply a cream containing antibiotics and steroid-like Futop B cream (Fusidic acid) over the affected area. Avoid the use of harsh soap or chemicals to avoid precipitation of allergic reactions.

You should visit a dermatologist in person for proper examination and evaluation. You may discuss my opinion with him.

|