Common "Schizophrenia" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Schizophrenia is a severe and chronic mental illness that makes people interpret reality abnormally. It is characterized by delusions, hallucinations, paranoia, disorganized thinking, and disordered behavior. It is usually treated with a combination of antipsychotic drugs and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been recently diagnosed with PCOD, but I had a history of physical and emotional abuse, along with mental disorders. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has had schizophrenia since I was nine, and there has been a history of physical and emotional abuse. It sort of emotionally affected me a lot, and I tried to get help by telling my father when I was 12 years, but he did not take me seriously, and he is a workaholic. I had troub...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand that you had a difficult childhood. However, being in the situations we are in is very stressful and significantly impacts life. Your current situation can result from hormonal issues, traumatic childhood memories, improper parenting, and genetics or here...  Read Full »

I have a troubled life with frequent personality changes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a very unsettled life for many years. First, I was told I had a split personality, and now others are noticing changes in my state of being. I am regressing into a child-like state with anger and anxiety and have a difficult sex life with my husband. I can have...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand what you are going through right now. The conflicts you are facing are a common problem amongst the youth nowadays. The way you are explaining things about yourself, I do not think you have schizophrenia. However, a detailed evaluation is a must. We need ...  Read Full »

My brother is suffering from schizophrenia. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has been having schizophrenia from the last three years. He is on medication from last two years. Last year he had around 10 ECT in six months and he was in a controlled situation. But suddenly he stopped medicines for two to three weeks. So again a episode of schizophrenia...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There are chances that he is going into relapse state. Scizophrenia is a serious and chronic mental illness. The patient needs to be followed up regularly by doctor. I would suggest you not to increase the dose of medicines on your own because though very effective b...  Read Full »

I imagine things and self-talk. Could I be schizophrenic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, and my height is 178 centimeters. I have finished my bachelor's degree at the University, I have a lot of friends, and I do sport often. I am a very cooperative person. Two weeks ago, I stopped my bad habit of standing alone in front of the mirror alone and Imagining things a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand you are upset, but I would like to tell you that many people do self-talk. They imagine a situation and do a role play, which is normal. On the contrary, it prepares you for the upcoming conditions. The self-talking in schizophrenia is a completely different...  Read Full »

How can I cure schizophrenia without drugs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and have been prescribed anti-psychotic medication Olanzapine. I have been taking it for 2 to 3 years. I was wondering if there is an alternate route to treatment? Or if there is another solution for a possible cure? I do not want to deal with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Olanzapine is an antipsychotic medicine. Yes, Olanzapine is available in injectable form. If Olanzapine is causing some effects then it can be changed to other antipsychotic like Aripiprazole, Risperidone or Ziprasidone. You need to take medicines or injectables to keep...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.