Q. Why am I getting low back pain after C-section?

Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Published on Aug 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 19, 2019

I am a 31 year old woman. I had a C-section before 8 years. Occasionally since then, I am having light to medium pain in the lower back. In the last few months, the pain has increased and is regular now. Especially, in the lower back on the both sides of center bone. I can localize the points where the pain is in the region. In the last few weeks, the neck region between both the shoulders also paining. I have pain in both knees and backside muscles. Some itching or irritation type of pain happens throughout the day. It becomes worse at night. These problems get worse during periods. Currently, I am using copper-T. This also gives abdomen pain. I had an x-ray of knee and it was normal. I do not have high BP, sugar and cholesterol. My Hb is 13.5. Please help.

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

General Medicine Internal Medicine Nephrology
#

• You seem to be having sciatic root pains from the lumbar region (back), which is giving you back pain and the pain is radiating towards the leg.
  • You also need to do work up for arthritis, which includes ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), RA factor, ANA (antinuclear antibody) and HLA B27 (human leukocyte antigen).
  • There can be nerve damage during a cesarean section, but the possibility is less after seeing your symptoms.
  • Has the pain increased after copper-T insertion?

Revert back with the answer to the above question to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Do Not Ignore Arthritis Symptoms!!

Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that, when signs of arthritis appear, one should approach a doctor as early as possible for appropriate treatment. Read Article

Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Inflammatory arthritis is a common problem in females between the age group 20-50 years. It is characterized by swelling of the joints, early morning stiffness and pain which is constant and little relieved by work and use of painkillers. It is an autoimmune condition, i.e, body's immune system st...  Read Article

I have chest soreness and radiating pain.Is this due to pleurisy or costochondritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old, otherwise healthy (as far as I know) female. I was a smoker earlier. No history of heart disease. My mother has COPD, but has been a long time smoker.  Two and a half weeks ago, I went on a hayride with my sons. I have a short stature. To get on and off the hayrid...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, muscular pain will not last so long. Pleurisy: It is an inflammation of the outer covering of lungs. It is most commonly caused by infections in which condition there will be fever which is not present in your case. Rarely it can also be caused by chest ...  Read Full

How can arthritis be confirmed?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly confirm if I am arthritic from the available reports.  Read Full >>

Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you provide me with some of your symptoms? I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your inflammation markers are very high (erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein). So, it does indicate either there is ...  Read Full