Q. I have severe pain eight years after a scoliosis surgery. Could something be wrong?

Answered by Dr. Atul Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Scoliosis Surgery or Shoulder Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have severe pain eight years after a scoliosis surgery.  Could something be wrong?

Hello doctor,

I underwent scoliosis surgery eight years ago and have been experiencing a pain around my left shoulder blade. Recently this pain has gotten so bad it has become difficult to even breathe and sleep. Is it possible something is wrong with the rods that were placed during the surgery?