Q. I have recurrent scrotal dermatitis with rashes and dryness. What should I do?

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I am suffering from scrotal dermatitis which is recurring. I am having itching and rashes on the scrotal area and dryness in both scrotal and penis foreskin. I used Fucibet and Levocetirizine intermittently with a prescription from a dermatologist which subsides the symptoms for some days but then it recur after a few days. Please suggest a permanent remedy or long term skin medication with no side effects.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw your photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is scrotal dermatitis only. Now scrotal dermatitis can occur due to many underlying causes including allergy to some lotion or new garment or due to underlying deficiency or thyroid disorder or scabies infection. It is also common on atopic patients and also patients with some psychological stress.

Did you use any new undergarment before the onset of this rash? Do you have a thyroid disorder or anyone in your family has it? Is your body skin always dry?

Get your thyroid profile checked. As we do not get the option of uploading the prescription here on query platform that is only allowed on phone or video consultation, so I will just write a prescription here.

Take tablet Dazit M (Desloratadine and Montelukast) daily at night for 15 days, apply Desonide cream in very small quantity for 10 days. Two drops spread over the entire red skin of the scrotum, do not rub and do not apply more than this. Apply Venusia max moisturizer 2-3 times daily.

Advise-

Wear loose fitting undergarments and pants.

Do not apply any over the counter cream or lotion without consultation.

Follow up after 10 days.

If you do not get these creams without a proper prescription, then kindly take an appointment for phone or video consultation so I can upload the prescription.

|