Q. I have scrotal dermatitis. Is it a relapsing disorder?

• I have scrotal dermatitis.
  • My dermatologist gave me some steroid creams, riboflavin tablets, multivitamin and mineral tablets.
  • It subsided and I was normal in ten days.
  • But again it came back in another 2 or 3 months.
  • When I consulted the doctor again, he said it is relapsing due to lack of vitamins.
  • And he suggested me to eat sprouts as breakfast for 3 months. I had it for one month and then stopped.
  • After 6 months I got the same issue.
  • I consulted another dermatologist, he gave me antihistamine tablets and cream and he said that it might be due to stress.
  • He advised me to apply baby powder after bath. This gave relief, but not complete cure.
  • I want to know the exact reason for my problem.Is there any test to detect the reason for my disease?
#

• What you have mentioned as scrotal dermatitis can be lichen simplex chronicus (causing chronic itching and scratching).
  • Since it is a relapsing disorder, it is very difficult to get control over the disease.
  • It's etiology is not clear.
  • Nutritional factors, stress and environmental factors do contribute to the pathogenesis of this disease.
  • There is no need of any test, though patch test can be done if some sort of allergy is suspected.
  • Your doctor would have told you about the relapsing nature of this disease.
  • It is not an infection which can be cured, it is more like a hypertension which can only be controlled.

Take care.

Revert back to a dermatologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|