Q. My scrotal skin is dry and scaly, and Luliconazole is not helping. Please help.

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I am 26-years-old male. I have been suffering from an infection in my scrotum for several years. And I use Luliconazole cream for my infection. But there is no relief yet. Now, my scrotal skin has been scaling day by day, and it became very dry and thin. I am afraid now.

Kindly help.

#

I understand that you are concerned about your skin condition. It looks like scrotal dermatitis (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

And thinning of skin might be the effect of previous topical medications. Fungal infection limited to scrotal skin is rare. I advise you to stop all last medicines and use the following for three weeks and follow up afterward.

1) Ointment Sorifix Solo (Calcipotriol).

2) Cetaphil moisturizing cream (Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Dimethiconol, Benzyl alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sweet almond oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Carbomer, Sodium hydroxide).

3) Tablet Ebast 20 mg (Ebastine) once daily.

Take care.

|