Q. I have scrotal pain with normal ultrasound results. Please help.

Dr. Ankush Jairath

I have scrotal pain for the past one year and my ultrasound is normal. Please help.

#

Do you have scrotal pain while standing? Or is it there while lying down also? Do your profession involve standing for long hours? Any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, or burning micturation? Is the ultrasound you have done is an ultrasound abdomen or scrotum? Can you upload the report also?

Have you got a scrotum Doppler scan also? Any history of diabetes or hypertension? Any visible dilated veins on the scrotum or lower limb (send pictures if any).

Pain in the scrotum is within the testis and sometimes there is burning micturation also. Ultrasound performed in scrotum many times and all went normal. I have not performed a scrotum Doppler scan. I will upload the images of the ultrasound.

#

Though I did not find the attachment (the ultrasound report) still on the basis of your words I am presuming it to be absolutely normal (though it is always better to see it).

First, I will recommend to get a scrotal Doppler scan done.

Secondly, in young age group most common causes can be epididymitis, orchitis, torsion, varicocele, neurogenic or idiopathic (no underlying cause), chronic prostatitis (also called as chronic pelvic pain syndrome, pain is in pelvis region not in scrotum though).

Based on the history, I will like to start you on tablet Septran DS (Trimethoprim) once at bed time for four weeks, Alfoo (Alfuzosin) 10 mg once at bed time for four weeks, Chymoral forte twice a day for two weeks, Citralka 75 ml twice a day mix in water.

Do a sitz bath (twice a day for 15-20 minutes) with lukewarm water. Give scrotal support (tight underwear). This treatment is broad-spectrum treatment when one is not able to find any specific cause on investigations or clinical examination.

|