Q. What could this pea sized lump around my scrotum be?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I have been kneed really hard in the groin 10 days ago while playing basketball. The pain is more of an ache that does not last long. There was immediate swelling in my scrotum around the veins and arteries above my left testicle and some minor discomfort but continued to play. I had minor discomfort the next few days while swelling went down. There has been no discoloration. I have been able to go to the bathroom fine. There is now a pea size lump around or in the veins or arteries that causes minor pain when pressure is applied. It is firm but soft at the same time. What could this be? Should I see a urologist?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

You have had a blunt trauma to your scrotum almost a week back and since then have had a decrease in the swelling and no urinary complaints which are good signs.

Was there ever any blood in the urine immediately after the incident?

From your description, it appears that what you have is a scrotal hematoma which is resolving gradually. So you need to worry.

All you would need is some scrotal elevation which will ease pain and swelling.

But I would still advise you to visit your urologist to make sure the pain is just in the scrotum and not involved the testes, which is not possible without a clinical exam.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

There has been no blood in my urine at any point.

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Andrology Urology
#

It is good then.

I would still suggest the same for you.

|