Q. Why do I have pain in my scrotum even after antibiotics?

Dr. Choudhary Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 30, 2022

A yellowish liquid was coming from the tip of my penis a year ago. I then visited a urologist. He gave me an antibiotic course for a week. It then went away. After this, two months ago, I underwent a fistula-in-ano surgery. The doctor gave me tablet Ziprax 200 DT and Painwell medicine for one month. After I felt better, I have stopped taking these medicines. Then after two days of stopping these medicines, I suddenly had a pain in my right side spermatic cord area in the scrotum. The urologist gave me medicines Ziprax 100 DT and Diclofenac 50 mg. But, even after this one week course, my pain did not go away. He then told me to do an ultrasound. In the report, the conclusion was 'diffuse thickening in my right spermatic cord in the scrotum'. The doctor gave me a medicine Denim juicy 100 mg. But, I still have a pain there. My urine and blood report is normal. What to do?

#

1. What was the histopathological examination report of the fistula track that was excised?
  2. How is the urine flow?
  3. Do you need to strain to pass urine?
  4. How many times do you need to get up at night to void?
  5. Was a urethral catheter inserted after the surgery?
  6. What is the present urine analysis report (pus cells)?

Also, share your ultrasound report.

The histopathological report was normal, and urine flow is also normal. I do not need to strain to pass urine. I void only once at around 3 to 4 AM. No urethral catheter was inserted after surgery. The urine report and ultrasound reports are attached.

#

These reports look to be almost normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The testes and epididymis are not affected. The pain originating from these structures including cord take three to four weeks to subside. Wear scrotal support. I suggest you take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg at bedtime for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

|