Q. Why do I have pain in my scrotum even after antibiotics?

Answered by
Dr. Devendra
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on May 26, 2018

Hello doctor,

A yellowish liquid was coming from the tip of my penis a year ago. I then visited a urologist. He gave me an antibiotic course for a week. It then went away. After this, two months ago, I underwent a fistula-in-ano surgery. The doctor gave me tablet Ziprax 200 DT and Painwell medicine for one month. After I felt better, I have stopped taking these medicines. Then after two days of stopping these medicines, I suddenly had a pain in my right side spermatic cord area in the scrotum. The urologist gave me medicines Ziprax 100 DT and Diclofenac 50 mg. But, even after this one week course, my pain did not go away. He then told me to do an ultrasound. In the report, the conclusion was 'diffuse thickening in my right spermatic cord in the scrotum'. The doctor gave me a medicine Denim juicy 100 mg. But, I still have a pain there. My urine and blood report is normal. What to do?

Dr. Devendra



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  1. What was the histopathological examination report of the fistula track that was excised?
  2. How is the urine flow?
  3. Do you need to strain to pass urine?
  4. How many times do you need to get up at night to void?
  5. Was a urethral catheter inserted after the surgery?
  6. What is the present urine analysis report (pus cells)?

Also, share your ultrasound report.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

The histopathological report was normal, and urine flow is also normal. I do not need to strain to pass urine. I void only once at around 3 to 4 AM. No urethral catheter was inserted after surgery. The urine report and ultrasound reports are attached.

Dr. Devendra



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

These reports look to be almost normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

The testes and epididymis are not affected.

The pain originating from these structures including cord take three to four weeks to subside.

Wear scrotal support (Langot).

I suggest you take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg at bedtime for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I have pain and edema after being hit in the scrotum. Will my fertility be affected?

Query: Hello doctor,I got hit in the right scrotum three months back. I underwent an ultrasound and my report reads:Minimal hydrocele found. The scrotal wall appears edematous.This was on my right scrotum. The left one is normal. On the doctor's advice, I took Akeso, Chymoral, Hetrazan tablets for two we...  Read Full »

Does opiate withdrawal cause nausea, low BP, muscle pain and urea smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old female recovering from eating disorder. My BMI is 16. I am suffering from clinical depression and GAD. I was diagnosed by a neurologist with migraines approximately two years ago, and have been on Lyrica 75 mg twice daily. Recently, I started having trouble swallowi...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain below my stomach on a daily basis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager. My problem is that I am having pain below my stomach and it is happening on a daily basis. I thought maybe it is happening because of masturbation. So, I stopped doing it but it is still paining. I am not taking any medication.  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.