Q. I have a brown mark and some pimple-like bumps on my testicle. Is this skin cancer?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I noticed a weird skin condition on my testicle. There was a brown mark on my testicle and some pimple-like bumps. Is this skin cancer? I have attached a photo for reference.

#

From the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient's identity), this is not cancer. Those changes in the skin overlying the testis have no relation inside the skin. Those are called sebaceous cysts. It usually grow to certain limits and stop. Those cysts are painless until they get infected. Treatment is by surgical removal under local anesthesia. There is no cream or medication effective against it.

Is there no medication even for the brown spot? What is that called?

#

The brown one in the picture looks like a pustule with a small pus collection inside a hair follicle, and once it burst, the pus will come out and heal with no issues.

|