Q. I have a rash and extreme dryness or redness near my nose. Please suggest me a remedy.

Dr. Shama Naaz

I am a 24-year-old female with no comorbidity. I have a rash and extreme dryness or redness in the creases of my nose for the last seven days. Please suggest me a remedy.

#

I read your query and what you have is seborrhea. You can apply Dermicort (Hydrocortisone 1 percent) cream over this area twice daily for four days. Avoid coconut oil application over the face or scalp. And can you please tell me whether you have dandruff or oily scalp?

Thanks for the reply.

I have a very oily scalp and a lot of dandruff. I am attaching pictures for your reference. Please suggest to me if I require any treatment for it.

#

I saw the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). For oily scalp, use a shampoo containing Ketoconazole 2 percent thrice a week for two weeks. Keep the shampoo for five minutes, and then rinse off. Avoid frequent oiling of the scalp (do it only twice a month).

|