Q. How to find whether the seizure is due to brain tumor or from recent brain trauma?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I am an epilepsy patient. I got seizure before three weeks. There was a brain trauma nine months back. The CT and MRI showed only tumor and no other problem. Last week, the EEG report showed normal. How to find whether the seizure is caused by the tumor or by the trauma or both?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

The establishment of the cause depends on the clinical history and location of the tumor as well as trauma.

The nature of seizure varies from different areas of the brain.

After identification of the affected area, we can know the exact cause of the seizure in most cases.

I request you to post videos of any seizure event along with CT scan, MRI scan, and EEG report. I will be glad to assist you.

Revert with more information to a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|