Q. Please advise some herbal medicine to maintain sexual health.

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

Recently, I got my semen test from a laboratory. Detail of the test is as follows: Volume - 3.0 mL, color - gray white, viscosity - thick, total sperm count - 60 million, active motile 20%, sluggish motile 30% and non-motile 50%, pus cell 3-4/HPF and morphology 45 %. I want to know that how can I active my sluggish and non motile cells. According to my report what I have to do now. Please advise me some herbal medicine which has no side effect.

#

I appreciate you seeking help. I would recommend the following in your case.

• First and foremost, taking good care of your diet and nutrition is indeed critical to maintaining a good health including the sexual health.
  • You need to take a wholesome nutritious diet, preferably a mediterranean one, consisting of whole grains, legumes, nuts and a plenty of leafy greens and fresh fruits.
  • Try consuming fresh water fish prepared with extra virgin olive oil at least thrice every two weeks. In case you are a vegetarian, you may consider cod liver oil capsules as a substitute or supplement.
  • Additionally, you may have lean meat like chicken, poultry, etc., but try restricting red meat considerably.
  • Try avoiding tobacco, refined carbohydrates, coffee, tea, alcohol, high calorie greasy foods including fast foods.
  • Given your BMI - body mass index, you are in the obese category now. You need to make efforts to maintain your ideal weight now.
  • Your efforts to pay attention to streamlining your diet and lifestyle including vigorous exercises on a daily basis shall be instrumental in achieving a healthy body weight. A relaxed and stress free mind is also known to have positive impacts on one's health.
  • Ensure that you stay well hydrated. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of clear fluids daily.
  • You can consume a cup of low fat and fresh turmeric milk (lukewarm) on a daily basis.
  • Additionally, you can consider a good nutritional supplement consisting of zinc, selenium, beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin E and the B-vitamins, on a daily basis.
  • Should you be stressed out excessively either physically or mentally, you can consider taking 5 ml of Geriforte syrup (Himalaya) twice daily for the next three weeks.

For further information consult a naturopathy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/naturopathy-specialist

|