Q. What are the causes for low sperm motility with morphological defects?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

I am 27 years old. Two months back, I visited a urologist for sexual problems like low libido, a hollow feeling in the penis, and a relatively weak erection. I was suggested to get tests done to determine LH, FSH, estradiol, testosterone levels, and semen analysis. My LH level is 10, testosterone level is 411, and other hormone levels are within the range. However, semen analysis showed low sperm motility and morphological defects. My doctor has suggested that everything is fine. However, I would like to know whether the levels are fine for my age?

Kindly suggest.

#

I understand your concern and would be happy to help. You have acceptable levels of LH (luteinizing hormone) and testosterone, and there are no implications for your health with these levels. However, I suggest you to repeat the test after fasting for eight hours.

Kindly revert in case of further questions.

Thank you for the reply.

I am going to get married the next year. I wanted to know whether is this going to impact my sexual life or health in any way in the future? How do I manage the situation?

Kindly advise.

#

Do not worry, as your levels are acceptable. Psychological stress is one of the significant factors for erectile dysfunction that can cause fertility problems. I suggest you to relax, eat healthy food, and avoid alcohol for a better sperm quality.

|