Q. I get a red annular lesion on my glans penis after ejaculation. What could it be?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

After ejaculation, I observe something similar to a red annular lesion on the glans penis stretching from one side of the urethra opening and loops around to the other side of the opening. It is not painful and lasts 1-2 hours before it fades away. This does not happen after urinating, only after ejaculation. No other specific symptoms I can point to.

#

If the swelling and pain come only after ejaculation, there will be two possibilities. One is an infection in the semen, and the second is the lubricant you use (if you are using any). If you do not use lubricant, this means your semen got an infection due to prostatitis. To diagnose this issue, we need to send semen samples to the laboratory for culture (semen for culture, not for analysis).

I am sending a picture. I want to know if the picture strikes you as anything specific.

#

The picture shows (attachment removed to protect patient identity) simple inflammation, and there are no specific characteristics to be classified under any particular condition.

I think the best is to stop or change the type of lubricant if you use any. If possible, semen for culture as that will help us reach a diagnosis.

|