Semen Morphology

Please suggest an ayurvedic remedy for pinhead sperms.

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has a problem with pinhead sperms. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pinhead is due to the absence of the DNA material within the spermatozoa (sperm). Thus, a higher number of pinhead sperm are not favorable for conception. Only one healthy sperm is going to reach the ovum, to get a baby. So, even with less healthy sperm, concepti...  Read Full »

I have low semen morphology. What can I do to father a child?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed to have low morphology. What can I do to father a child?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your report, and a few points need to be clarified. 1. The volume of semen is more than usual. We advise abstinence of three to four days before this test. I hope you had that. 2. Do you have any medical problems like uncontrolled diabetes, use of an...  Read Full »

I would like a feedback on my semen analysis report.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to get a feedback on the semen analysis report.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sperm count is normal, but the motility and normal forms are low. If you are taking any medicine or nutritional supplements on a regular basis, then it may be due to its side effe...  Read Full »

Can chlamydia infection cause permanent problems in male fertility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Earlier this year, I had chlamydia for about four months. I have been clear of the injection since about seven months. Now, my partner and I are trying to conceive. I had a semen analysis and the results were not great. The worst part is the morphology. Only 2...  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chlamydia is one of the major reasons for this situation along with other factors like smoking, and alcohol. Complete the course of antibiotics given by your doctor to improve your semen. Also quit smoking, and alcohol consumption if you are taki...  Read Full »

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I will try to cl...  Read Full »

With respect to my semen report, do I need ICIS?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently had a semen analysis in anticipation of doing IVF with my wife. The two parameters showed up as low are the percentage of normal morphology and motility index. I will attach the semen analysis results along with this query. My questions are the following. Am I considered s...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total motility is normal and the morphology is low. To improve normal morphology, please stay away from heat, chemical, smoking, alcohol and cold compress the testes daily for five minutes. My advice is to take vitamins C, E, B complex, folic acid, zinc and eat more ...  Read Full »