Q. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda for pinhead sperms?

Answered by
Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2019

Hello doctor,

My husband has a problem with pinhead sperms. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda? Please suggest.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

The pinhead is due to the absence of the DNA material within the spermatozoa (sperm). Thus, a higher number of pinhead sperm are not favorable for conception. Only one healthy sperm is going to reach the ovum, to get a baby. So, even with less healthy sperm, conception is possible. Both husband and wife should be equally healthy enough to get conception. For your husband, traditionally, we give gold, Ashwagandha, and zinc-based polyherbal drugs. At the same time, you also can consume aloe vera based drugs. So, I advise the following for your husband.

1) Capsule Rathina purush one in the morning and one in the evening. Continue till pregnancy get success.

2) In diet, he can take pure cow milk, cashew nuts, sprouted green gram, groundnut, other edible seeds, and drumstick as a vegetable.

3) He should avoid tea, coffee, smoking, chicken, alcohol, and packed foods, fruit juices and soft drinks strictly. All these damages the sperm.

4) Should not wear tight jeans pants. Should not get exposed to continuous heat and radiation sources, these things will reduce sperm quality.

5) Weekly once apply sesame oil to the whole body and head. Wait for one hour and then take a bath in warm water.

6) Daily before bed, take normal water (not cool or not hot, it should be in medium level) or mild-warm water in a tub. Sit in this water by dipping buttocks and genitals within this water. Sit for half an hour. Then come out. My advice to you:

Tablet aloes compound two tablets in the morning and two in evening after food. Continue this tablet until you get pregnant, stop in between during menstrual days. Note:

a) I hope you had done all the tests for infertility to you and your husband. If any varicocele in testis or hydrocele, that is to be corrected.

b) For you, the ovulation, endometrial thickness are important.

c) There are a lot of healthy couples with normal lab report, without a successful pregnancy. So, I would say that the baby is nature's gift and that you get when the couples have positive thinkings (positiveness in life and mind). So, please keep your mind positive with hope.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can you check my semen analysis report and help me out?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a total sperm count of 38.4. I am addicted to alcohol, and I took a drink four days ago. I am trying for a baby for two months. I have a history of seizure. I am taking Levera 500 mg, Oxetol 450 mg and Cloba 20 mg. Could I take Folic acid? Can you check my report and help me out...  Read Full »

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »

Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.