Q. Why has my spurts of semen reduced?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 16, 2019

I am a 47-year-old male in good health. Within the last six months when I ejaculated, I only had one to three large spurts. Previously, I had about four to six. The volume is still good. I am on Prestiq and Xanax. Is this problem reversible and is it a sign of more problems to come?

#

I have gone through your query.

I would like to know whether there is any decrease in your sexual drive or erections.

If there is not any then as long as your semen volume is normal, I do not think there are any concerns as of right now.

If the problem persists, I would suggest you visit a urologist for a complete clinical examination.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

The main issue is five to six brief pumps that are more satisfying than one to two slower ones. Can anything be done about this?

#

The process of ejaculation is a complex one involving a lot of hormones.

I would like to know if these problems are after you started on Prestiq (Desvenlafaxine) because these drugs can interfere with sexual function. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

However, there are not many medications which will make it more frequent.

|