Serial Extraction

My family member have been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My family member has been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is right. Alignment of teeth can be corrected only if we remove a few teeth which are not going to be needed in the future too to give space for teeth to shift themselves and align.  Read Full »

Is it common to extract milk teeth for the eruption of permanent teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is eight years old and still have all his baby teeth. Now there is one permanent tooth erupting behind one of his baby teeth. I took him to a dentist and he suggested extracting all the eight teeth (four up and four down) to give space for the permanent teeth to erupt. It would be...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I do not find it suitable to extract all his teeth as the recommended time period for the eruption of permanent teeth is between 6 to 12 years. It is better to wait and you can do one thing apply a gentle force to the milk teeth to ...  Read Full »