Q. If an HIV-positive person fingers you, can you get HIV?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

I am in my early twenties. A close acquaintance of mine assaulted me when I was about ten years old. He put his fingers in my vagina. I am scared that I might have a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Can this cause the infection if he is positive for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)?

Please help, doctor.

#

I can understand your concern.

If it is only finger insertion, then there is no chance of transmitting the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Intact skin is an effective barrier. So do not worry about human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Transmission.

Take care.

Thanks for the response.

If the skin on his finger was broken, is there a risk of transmission?

It has been more than ten years since, but I am extremely anxious about it. Also, I would like to mention that when I was around ten, he was only 14 years old, so I am not sure if he had human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or not.

#

I can make out your anxiety about this issue. The chances of him having human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) at that age would be almost zero. Having bleeding wounds in his hand at the time of insertion is also nearly zero. So the risk of transmission of the virus is zero.

I suggest you relax and get involved in activities of your interest. I do not see any need for HIV tests.

|