Sexual Dysfunction

Why do I not get sexually aroused nowadays?

Query: I have an issue with my sexual performance. I masturbate frequently, and I do not get sexually aroused nowadays. I also have hypothyroidism and low sperm count and volume.  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Dear, I’m very sorry to learn about your issues. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you. Let me address the issues point by point: 1) As to your hypoactive thyroid. You need to get measured (lab) TSH, fT3, fT4 and the three main thyroid antibodies. A sonography is also necessary. Wi...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for anxiety, depression, and anger, without any sexual side effects.

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking medicine for anxiety, depression, and anger from the last 8 to 10 years, but not continuously. Right now, I m taking Panazep 25, Bupron 150, and Dicorate 500 all at night. I had sexual problems from the past 40 days, so the doctor advised to take Sildenafil 50. Now I feel 5...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are taking too many antidepressants, like Panazep 25 (Paroxetine) and Bupron 150 (Buproprion). Panazep has the side effect of reduced libido and erectile dysfunction when taken over a longer period. Hence, the same is happening with you. Currently, t...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of sex weakness and loss of sexual desire?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old male, my height is 5.10 feet and a weight of 72 kg. I am suffering from sex weakness, like less timing, feeling not much power in organs, and not much stamina in sex.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting a query. The problem you described in your case appears to be of erectile dysfunction. After reading the brief narration that you are currently facing, I need to know a few more details about this. 1. First of all, how long are you facing this prob...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a person with psychiatric problem to enjoy married life?

Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned about one of my relatives. She may have some psychiatric problems. First she faced a problem in her life before 10 years. She believes in different sociology and culture. She has a fantasy of smoking, drinking and living together. She does not believe in marriage. She becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will summarize the clinically relevant aspects of her case. The illness started early around the age of 17 years. It has not cleared completely until yet and she has not returned to her previous personality. The symptoms are suggestive of paranoid schizophrenia o...  Read Full »

Are sexual dysfunction and lack of sensation in penis signs of neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing sexual dysfunction for the past 2.5 years, and I believe it is neurogenic in origin. This is because not only do I lack sensation, and am not responsive to touch in my penis when getting it erect. I cannot feel heat or cold temperatures on the glans of my peni...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any psychological diagnosis needs evaluation for other causes and ruling out functional causes. So my recommendations would do a few investigations first : 1. Serum testosterone levels. 2. Thyroid profile. 3. Serum vitamin B12 assay. 4. MRI LS (magnetic resonance...  Read Full »

What causes reduced semen spurts?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47-year-old male in good health. Within the last six months when I ejaculated, I only had one to three large spurts. Previously, I had about four to six. The volume is still good. I am on Prestiq and Xanax. Is this problem reversible and is it a sign of more problems to come?  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know whether there is any decrease in your sexual drive or erections. If there is not any then as long as your semen volume is normal, I do not think there are any concerns as of right now. If the problem persists, I...  Read Full »

Does Wellbutrin affect testosterone levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I suddenly developed sexual dysfunction, I have reduced interest, arousal, plateau, and orgasm. The triggering event seems to be the discontinuation of 150 mg Bupropion because of adverse effects. I switched to 20 mg Citalopram, and over the course of six month...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the history you gave and the levels of testosterone you mentioned, it is very high level of serum testosterone. There are usually some males who normally have high testosterone levels without any major underlying disease. I will discuss ...  Read Full »

Can antidepressants cause loss of libido?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I do not have any sexual desire or libido. I am not getting normal erection. I have done a hormonal test to see if something is wrong. Currently, I am on antidepressant. The clinic said that the results are normal. But, I have a feeling that something must be there. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your submitted blood work (attachment removed to protect patient identity) looks normal. I do have some questions for you though. Did you have normal puberty as compared to your peers such as height, shaving, pubic hair, etc? Did you have normal sexual desire and li...  Read Full »

Is sleep disturbance a side effect of Fluoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sad, and I am surrounded by negative thoughts and anxiety. I have taken Fluoxetine (Fludac 20) for 6 weeks. Now I am fine, but I wake up early in the morning around 3.30 AM. Hence having disturbed sleep in the morning. My doctor changed medicine to Flunil 40. I think this dose ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoxetine is known to cause significant insomnia in many patients as it is an activating drug. Being an selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) Fluoxetine causes sexual dysfunction. Both these side effects can be treated by taking tablet Trazodone (brand name...  Read Full »

Does regular tobacco use cause sexual problems?

Query: Dear doctor, I am 33 years old. I have no desire for sex. There is no erection in the penis since the last three months. I am a regular tobacco user. Give me advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Andrologist, Diabetologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly quit tobacco immediately. Tobacco usage is one of the causes for sexual dysfunction. You can take capsule Nano-Leo two capsules in the morning and night after food for three months, which is slow acting. After a month, let me know how you feel. If it is not eff...  Read Full »