Sexual Dysfunction

Sexual dysfunction is loss of desire and loss of satisfaction from sexual activity. It can happen at any part of sexual activity. It is caused by sexual trauma, medical conditions, psychological issues, drug side effect, alcohol abuse, smoking, etc. Symptoms are erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, less vaginal lubrication, loss of orgasm, pain, etc. Treatment is based on the cause like medication modification, sex therapy, counseling, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have sexual issues such as premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and nightfall. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having sexual problems, and I have taken many medicines till now, but nothing helped me. I have premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and nightfall. It all started around eight years ago, and with care and some research, I was able to delay them. I stopped masturbating, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Erection problems can be due to lifestyle factors like taking alcohol, smoking, or being overweight. It may also be due to any major illness or due to some medicines. Often it can be due to stress, anxiety, or due to blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood ...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to get a hard erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I am unable to keep and as well get an erection. I have been having this issue from last month. I am not sure why this is happening. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Erectile dysfunction is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. There are many causes of ED, including both physical and emotional conditions. They can be due to: 1) Diabetes. 2) Hypertension and O...  Read Full »

I have dissociative disorder and OCD. How can I cure it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with dissociative disorder not otherwise specified and OCD. I take these medicines: 1) Escitalopram 20 mg. 2) Lamotrigine 100 mg. 3) Clonazepam 2 mg. 4) Amitriptyline 10 mg (for tension-type headache prevention). I suffer from mental rumination, compulsion ...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It looks like you have been suffering from resistant OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). As you are not finding improvement, I suggest you change medications. You might be needing higher doses of Escitalopram upto 40 mg to 60 mg daily. To change the medicines, I rec...  Read Full »

My penis is sensitive, which makes it difficult to have sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have very sensitive skin on the head of the penis, and that is why I cannot do longer in bed. I finish and come soon during sex. What can I do? Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Sometimes, circumcision or removing the foreskin by operation helps. Otherwise, you can apply Manforce staylong gel (Lidocaine and Prilocaine) for 20 minutes before sex and wipe with a dry cloth just before penetration. I hope this help...  Read Full »

My penis is not getting hard during sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-years-old man, 5'8" ft in height and 77 kg in weight. Recently I had sex with my girlfriend, but I could not have an erection. I have never had sex before, but I never faced this issue during masturbation. I am a little worried. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Did you have an erection after this incident? Mostly this is because of performance anxiety. Suppose you had a good erection after this; no need to worry. When you are in a hurry, stressed, anxious, you can have a poor erection. Suppose you do not have a morning erect...  Read Full »

Does regular tobacco use cause sexual problems?

Query: Dear doctor, I am 33 years old. I have no desire for sex. There is no erection in the penis since the last three months. I am a regular tobacco user. Give me advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Kindly quit tobacco immediately. Tobacco usage is one of the causes for sexual dysfunction. You can take capsule Nano-Leo two capsules in the morning and night after food for three months, which is slow acting. After a month, let me know how you feel. If it is not eff...  Read Full »

Please provide me a complete treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male with a height of 5.3 inches and a weight of 68 kg suffering from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. I am not under any medications. Please provide me with complete treatment for this condition. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. There are many reasons for premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is a widespread sexual problem. Most commonly associated with anxiety, medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid problems, psychiatric problems...  Read Full »

Why do I have trouble in getting an orgasm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been unable to achieve an orgasm lately. It started disappearing midway during sex with my husband. Now I just cannot get one at all. I have not been able to self-pleasure in years, and I have never been able to get an orgasm via oral sex. I have always had great sex with my hus...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are probably suffering from female orgasmic disorder (FOD). Substance use can cause FOD. Certain medical conditions can also result in female sexual dysfunctions. Kindly get a blood panel done to rule out an organic cause. I suggest: Follicle stimulating hormone...  Read Full »

Why do I have recurring back pain and diarrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 49 years old male, and my weight is 80 kg. I am a smoker and social drinker. I have seen several doctor. I have symptoms like diarrhea every day for the last three years and stomach discomfort and pain. I have back pains, leg pains, and calcification of a disc for the past five yea...  Read Full »

Dr. J. N. Naidu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I studied your complex problem carefully. I am of the view that nobody visits a doctor without an annoying problem. The problem is to identify whether it is physical or psychological. It is not easy, sometimes. I prescribe: Florastor 250 mg (Saccharomyces boulardii lyo) ...  Read Full »

I suffer from erectile dysfunction. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having erectile dysfunction problem. My age is 50. I am currently taking regular high blood pressure medicine. Also, I had angioplasty last year. What are the possible treatment options available for erectile dysfunction?  Read Full »

Dr. C Sharath Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The following treatment options are available for erectile dysfunction. Use vacuum pump. Penile oil. Penile platelet-rich plasma injection. Low-energy shock wave therapy. Acupuncture therapy. Hydrotherapy. Penile massage therapy. Venous ligation surgery. Tablets. Penile i...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.