Q. I get pleasurable sensations when I mentally concentrate on my clitoris. Is it due to nerve damage?

Dr. J. N. Naidu
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 07, 2021

Whenever I mentally concentrate too hard on the clitoral area, I feel a very mild pleasurable sensation and kind of tingles that feel good. I do not watch porn or masturbate or have sexual thoughts in my mind while mentally feeling my clit. I know that 'concentrating on clit mentally' does not make sense, but I am trying to say that I do not physically stimulate my clit. Instead, I concentrate on the presence of the clitoris and get mild pleasure or tingles. I was wondering if this is a symptom of nerve damage? Besides that, there is no pain in the clitoris, itching, burning, smelly discharge, or fever, etc. I used to masturbate months ago. I started getting periods at the age of nine. I got a 40-day cycle last time with very balanced periods but do not know about now. Overall, my periods are irregular, which I think is normal at age 13.

#

Sex is both physical and psychological. These two are intertwined. Without sexual thought, you can not initiate the act. Thoughts about sex cause hormonal changes, and blood flow will increase to sexual organs like the vagina, clitoris, breasts, penis, which cause secretions in the vagina in girls and secretions in the penis in boys. This is a perfectly normal process. Masturbation with a mild massage once in a while does not cause any problem.

Rest assured, there is no nerve damage. Irregular periods are common at this age. Thinking about the clitoris, vagina, penis is common in teenagers because of hormonal and physical changes. You are normal like any other girl.

|