Q. I am attracted to women with glasses. Is it a normal behavior?

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 17, 2021

I am attracted to women with glasses. In fact, I am obsessed about it. In all my life, I have masturbated just seeing young and middle aged women wearing glasses and now it has become a kind of compulsion. Even my wife wears glasses and I tell her to put them while having sex and I ejaculate faster. Is this normal?

#

• Different men have different fantasies, both sexual and nonsexual.
  • I would have to say that the fact you have an attraction towards women with glasses in itself does not make you abnormal. However, the moment that you start losing control over thoughts like these, then they become obsessions.
  • For example, if you have these sexual thoughts repeatedly and excessively almost all the time and in situations where they would not normally occur, like say, praying in a temple, then they would warrant further detailed evaluation to rule out obsessions.
  • With the information given, I would say that you do not have anything to worry. Please relax and enjoy your married life.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|