Q. Headache during erection and ejaculation is refraining my sexual life. Please help.

Dr. Rishav Bansal

One day while having regular sex just before and during ejaculation, I experienced a sudden severe headache. It was painful and lasted for about 10 minutes. It started as a dull ache from my neck and head and it build up just during ejaculation. Two days later, I tried to have sex again and the same experience but I managed to ejaculate. Yesterday, I tried to have sex again and the same experience and I did not ejaculate due to the pain.

I am so stressed that my erection is getting weaker. Now, I just have an erection and I am having mild headaches. I have never experienced a situation like this neither have I ever heard of a situation like this. I am 40 years old. Is there any solution for this? I am very worried and I am already thinking that this is the end of my sex life. Because of this Coronavirus, I am even afraid to go to the hospital. Please help.

#

You might be suffering from a disease termed as benign vascular sexual headache. To make its diagnosis, we need to rule out intracranial bleed first. Get MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain done to rule out structural disease. Once structural causes are ruled out, you can be sure of the diagnosis. Preventive medications like Indomethacin can be used 30 minutes to one hour before intercourse once we confirm the diagnosis.

Benign vascular sexual headache.

MRI brain.

Benign vascular sexual headache.
Structural brain lesions.

Benign vascular sexual headache.

Tab Indomethacin 50 mg 30 to 60 minutes before sexual activity (maximum of two tablets per day).

Avoid strenuous activity during intercourse.

Review with MRI report. Review after 3 days for response to medications

|