Q. I get too wet whenever I have sex with my partner. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

I am a 39-year-old female. For the last four years, whenever my partner and I have sex, I get too wet. It is so that neither one of us can feel anything. I have been to the gynecologist. She told it was because of my Bartholin's glands, and they froze them. But that did not work. Again they burnt them, but it did not work this time also. I then had a vaginal hysterectomy taking my cervix but leaving my ovaries, which did not work. I have tried decongestant also as they said. All that made me sleepy, but no change. What can I do? It is going on for five years that I feel nothing. I do not have an STD or infection. This causes me to feel inadequate. Please help.

I am currently on Xanax 2, Prozac 80.

#

It is not due to anything related to your physical anatomy. If there were anything abnormal physically, then you would get wet apart from sex too. It may be related to hyperstimulation. Prozac (Fluoxetine) has sexual side effects, usually calming but maybe stimulatory. You can change the dose or medicine. Try reducing your weight. Are you taking any supplements? It also has sexual side effects. You can skip foreplay to reduce stimulation.

I have pernicious anemia, and I am taking Vitamin B12 and Folic acid. It happens within 30 seconds every time when the intercourse occurs.

#

Yes, as it happens with the initiation of sex only and not on other occasions, it does not seem to be due to overactive glands. Prozac increases neurotransmitter serotonin. It has different sexual effects in different doses. You can reduce the dose and see the results. If lowering the dose does not help, you may need to change the Prozac with a different drug, depending on the reason you are taking Prozac. You are taking vitamin B12. It would help if you also take a complete B-Complex group tablet and it because taking any Vitamin B alone for a long time may cause a deficiency of other vitamins.

| 

I am having cold after sexual intercourse. Should I get tested for HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old boy. Recently, I had sex with a lady. We are working together, and two weeks before only her visa got renewed. While the visa stamping time, they check all procedures and tests. About her, she is divorced and separated before one year back. Since one year she lived ...  Read Full »

I get palpitations after sex and my partner's sex drive is also low. Do you have any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my partner have two children. I am 33 years old and she is 32 years. Over the past four or five years, our sex life has almost completely fallen apart. I have several heart issues, right bundle branch block, bicuspid aortic valve, patent formen ovale and high blood pressure. Ri...  Read Full »

What foods to avoid in serotonin syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor,My 39-year-old son was hospitalized for five days with serotonin syndrome. He was given intravenous and Ativan. He was discharged from the hospital and he will go to his doctor regarding his meds. The problem is he was never told if he needs to stay away from certain foods that might ca...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now