Q. Will Asthalin and Lukast tablet lead to sexual side effects?

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

The medicines used are Formoflo inhaler, Asthalin tablet, and Lukast tablet. Will these lead to sexual problems as side effects? Is it reversible?

#

You have given very little information regarding your query. Actually the side effects of every drug depend on age, sex, duration of use, and doses of that drug. However, as all inhalant acts locally it cause very rare or nil affects to the systems. They are usually devoid of any systemic side effects like sexual side effects. So Formoflo inhaler will have very rare possibility of sexual side effects. I think any inhaler can cause these side effects.

Asthalin tablet contains Salbutamol which has not reported any sexual side effects. Tablet Lukast contains Montelukast which is an anti-allergic drug used for asthma and never reported to cause any sexual side effects, so it is also not a cause.

I would like to mention for sexual problems decrease of sexual desire is an integral symptom of depression and Montelukast reported side effects of depression. If you have other symptoms like low mood, decrease in pleasurable activities, appetite and sleep disturbances, loss of energy, irritable behavior, and restlessness then it could be due to depression because of Montelukast.

If you have do not have other symptoms of depression, then it could be an independent sexual problem and not due to any drugs which you have mentioned here.

|