Q. Do condoms prevent HIV transmission during vigorous oral and vaginal sex?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

I am a circumcised male.

I usually use the same condom for first getting a blowjob and then having vaginal sex.

I have general questions for future events about safe sex and HIV protection :

If the oral sex is rough and includes vigorous contact of a partner's teeth with the condom, and then I have vaginal sex with the female partner with the same condom.

In such a situation with the same condom using for vaginal sex following rough oral sex with healthy teeth rubbing :

1. Is it safe, and will the condom still protect me from HIV during vaginal sex, when using only one condom for vaginal sex following rough oral sex with strong teeth rubbing?

2. In such a situation, is there an increased risk of the condom breaking during the vaginal sex following rough oral with vigorous teeth rubbing?

3. Can condom successfully handle rough oral sex with vigorous contact of a partner's teeth with the condom, and the condom would not be damaged during the rough oral sex and will protect me from HIV in the vaginal sex which comes after?

4. How common is it that condoms get damaged during oral sex from vigorous teeth rubbing?

Most of the partners which I was with think it is not necessary to change the condom between oral sex and then vaginal sex.

I have a relatively big penis, which makes the protected blowjob to have a moderately vigorous contact of a partner's teeth with the condom and thus raise my concern for condom breaking and HIV risk during the vaginal sex following the rough oral sex when using the same condom for both acts.

I would appreciate your professional opinion on my questions.

Thank you for the help.

#

Thank you for the query.

Condoms have to undergo rigorous testing conditions to be approved.

It will be tested for burst, strength, leak, etc. There are tests for all these.

Usually, they can withstand all the regular sexual acts.

Suppose it is purposefully or forcefully damaged or handled with sharp teeth or devices. In that case, it is not easy—the chances of these tearing or bursting by oral and followed by vaginal sex also very low.

If you have not noticed any condom tears or burst, then there is nothing to worry about.

Anyway, please go for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) panel tests, including HIV, as a routine if you have multiple partner histories.

Thank you for the answer.

So when using only one condom for oral sex and then vaginal sex :

Is it right to say that even if the first oral sex involves a vigorous contact of the partner's teeth with the condom, the chances of the same condom breaking or tearing during the second or later vaginal sex activity would be very low? And the same condom will protect me from HIV in the vaginal sex following the rough oral?

Of course, I will check that the condom is intact between the first rough oral activity and the second vaginal sex, and if the condom is intact after the rough oral sex, the chances of the same condom breaking or tearing during the second or later vaginal sex activity would be very low.

Thank you for the help.

Best Regards

#

Thank you for the follow-up query.

Yes, the chance of breakage or tear of the condoms is low in normal circumstances. It is always better to check for any damage between oral and vaginal sex. If you have any slight doubt of condom damage or likely tear, please replace it with a newer one.

Better to be safe.

Thank you for the reply.

I would appreciate your last reference,

I hereby attach the question again shortly :

When using only one condom for oral sex and then having vaginal sex with the same condom:

If the first oral sex involves a vigorous contact of the partner's teeth with the condom, and between the first rough oral sex and second or later vaginal sex, I check and see that the condom looks ok and intact. And then I continue to vaginal sex with the same condom.

Will the chances of the same condom breaking or tearing during the second or later vaginal sex activity would also be meager under such circumstances?

Thank you for all the help.

#

Thank you for the query.

Condom, if used appropriately, protects against HIV transmission (it need not be 100% protection in normal circumstances too).

If a condom after a vigorous oral act with sharp teeth likely to have some damages, though not visible. So it will be prone to damage easier than the newer one. If in doubt, it is always better to go for a new condom.

|