Q. Is there any possibilities to acquire sexually transmitted disease after three years of unprotected intercourse?

Dr. Kakkar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Oct 04, 2019

I had unprotected anal sex with the neighbor lady before three years, and after a week I got jaundice, and it suffered around one month, and I got treatment with some ayurvedic medicines and got relief. Then around three months later I tested for hepatitis B and C both, but the result was negative, but in LFT test my bilirubin was a little high, and I got a fatty liver grade one by the doctor. So I have the following questions that,

1. Can I get infected with hepatitis B and C in the future?

2. How can I overcome with high bilirubin?

3. My digestive system is also not as good as previous.

4. Will I suffer from any sexual infection in the future.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

A negative test for hepatitis B and C, three months after that unprotected anal sex rules these out as a cause for your hepatitis. Perhaps it was another cause for hepatitis, may be hepatitis A which is transmitted through contaminated food rather than by sex. Hepatitis B and C are transmitted through unprotected sex or blood, e.g. transfusion or sharing needles.

So, these scenarios can pose a risk of hepatitis. For raised bilirubin, I suggest you consult a physician kindly. I also suggest you screen for hepatitis A. STDs can happen if you indulge in unprotected sex or sex with partners with high-risk behavior.

Can cocaine cause elevation in LFTs?

Query: Hi doctor, My recent ALT is 90 and AST is 86. I used cocaine two days before the blood test. Can it cause an elevation in LFTs? If so, how long of an abstinence period would be needed to get LFTs back down to normal levels?  Read Full »

Why am I having sharp pain in my vagina when I pee?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old female. I urge to pee quite often. I have a sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. I have the urge to pee frequently. But when I go to the toilet, I do not have the urge to pee. Is this due to UTI or STD?  Read Full »

How can jaundice be treated in a 4-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old daughter with a weight of 12 kg has jaundice for the last 10 days. She is on HepaMerz Syrup and Mosegor-V Syrup. What should be done more to cure her?  Read Full »

Ask a Venereologist Now