Q. What to do for bad shakiness present in my hands and legs?

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have bad shakiness on my hands and legs. I have extreme trouble sleeping and I wake up every 45 to 60 minutes with sweating. Sometimes I hallucinate with sights and sounds. Sometimes I develop a burning sweat after eating. I have tried taking different foods and it has not helped me. I did a blood test and I have a thyroid level of 9.43 mIU/L. The doctor told me that I am anemic. None of the tests has shown anything except the stored iron seems to be high.

At the same time, I got an injury in my neck and I developed a stabbing sensation on the right side of my spine. I have consulted some doctors and they did not inform me about the diagnosis. I have these symptoms for six months. But my previous doctor told me that the problem is in my head and he referred me to a specialist. I moved to a new state and I was trying to find a general doctor. I want help and need a diagnosis. Some doctors suspect me to have an autoimmune disease. I have lost a great deal of muscle and strength. I am not able to carry my small children. All the symptoms got started after I removed my gallbladder. Some doctor told me that I have Crohn's disease. Currently, I am taking Wellbutrin and Depakote. Please help me.

#

Elevated TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) can be responsible for the symptoms of weak muscles, fatigue, constipation, depression, and loss of hair and tick nails. You need to evaluate your thyroid antibodies and do an ultrasound. An endocrinologist is a person who deals with this issue. I think that you have irritated a nerve and you can get benefit from a nerve-calming medication. You can have dreams due to PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) or due to side effects of Wellbutrin (Bupropion).

|