Q. I have painful bump behind my wisdom tooth with sore gums. Why?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

I have a white bump right behind where my wisdom tooth is and my gum is sore. It is swollen and hurts bad when I wake up then I get a stinging pain the rest of the day.

#

As I can see in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems like your upper last molar has sharp edges and these sharp edges hurt continually to lower gum tissue. Injury due to sharp edges of upper tooth cause sore or ulceration. I suggest you see your dentist, after clinical examination, he or she will smoothen up the edges and make sufficient space. Medicines will not be able to provide you relief. So please see your dentist. Thank you. Have a good day.

Sharp edges.

Clinical examination.

Ulceration due to sharp edges.

Smoothing of edges.

Do not take too hot and spicy food.

|