Shivering

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of these attacks start as a viral infection and then become complicated by bacterial infection. These attacks are hard to be prevented completely but the use of seasonal influenza vaccines are helpful and can decrease the number of the attacks. Flu vaccines are tak...  Read Full »

Kindly explain why my body is shivering all the time, which increases after smoking.

Query: Hello doctor, My body is always shivering and after smoking, it increases. My age is 25 years and I am a male.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints, it seems like Vata Dosa has increased. You should quit smoking as soon as possible. Take Ashwagandha and Shatavari powder 3 gm each twice a day with warm water after meals.  Read Full »

Can an epidural anesthesia cause headache with shivering?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend, 32 years old, seven years back during delivery time epidural anesthesia was given. After that, have got a headache now. It is a chronic headache like a migraine, no other complication, no hematoma, and all rigor and shivering present. What is the diagnosis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say that the epidural analgesia taken seven years back is definitely not the reason for her chronic headache. As she is having chills and rigors, check her temperature, and headache along with that suggests some acute viral fever. Kindly...  Read Full »

Shivering while sleeping for a couple of seconds. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My father, age 67, while sleeping has shivers for a couple of seconds. This happens after an interval of 1 to 2 minutes. Is it something to be worried or concerned about? He is consuming BP control medicine Amlong 0.5 mg daily. No other ongoing health problems apart from his knee pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached files and videos thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can reassure you that these movements are due to hypotonia during sleep and not due to medical disease, nothing to worry about. I ...  Read Full »