Shivering

Does my father have a high-grade fever with shivering and headache due to malaria?

Query: My father 61suffering from shivering with high grade fever(102.5F), headache. he is diabetic and high bp . Should I give hime lumerax 80 for suspected malaria  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello Does he also have intermittent sweating? If yes, once in how many hours does he get sweating episodes? Fever with chills and sweating can occur in both malaria and typhoid fevers. Fever with chills can also occur in cases of urinary tract infection, and if he has any infection with pus format...  Read Full »

Why is my head shivering from the last 20 days?

Query: Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when sleep little biy, its over,. I had my report and vitamin D3 level is less its 18.12 Other please suggest is there somthing else. Its happning crom last 20 days  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello. Thanks for your query. It's best to first take vitamin D3 supplementation immediately. Rx Cap Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 60,000 International units (IU) 1 cap once weekly for 6 weeks This will be protective supplementation as well against pandemic. Additionally, Rx T.zinc 50mg 1 tab onc...  Read Full »

What can cause shivering during the day and weight loss?

Query: I have fever very high which was not going I have taken overdose of tynel, advil. Now the fever is gone after taking medication. But now I feel shivering and having a feel like I am having fever but after I check there is no fever .my body weight is going down and I feel shiverings a lot during day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nancy Wespetal

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Sir, I am a family doctor from Icliniq and will try to answer your questions. It seems to me that you have two. The first concerns your use of Tylenol and Advil. You may not have meant to say overdose. If however, you have taken more than 800 mg of Ibuprofen or 1000 mg of Tylenol, those are ...  Read Full »

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of these attacks start as a viral infection and then become complicated by bacterial infection. These attacks are hard to be prevented completely but the use of seasonal influenza vaccines are helpful and can decrease the number of the attacks. Flu vaccines are tak...  Read Full »

Kindly explain why my body is shivering all the time, which increases after smoking.

Query: Hello doctor, My body is always shivering and after smoking, it increases. My age is 25 years and I am a male.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaints, it seems like Vata Dosa has increased. You should quit smoking as soon as possible. Take Ashwagandha and Shatavari powder 3 gm each twice a day with warm water after meals.  Read Full »

Can an epidural anesthesia cause headache with shivering?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend, 32 years old, seven years back during delivery time epidural anesthesia was given. After that, have got a headache now. It is a chronic headache like a migraine, no other complication, no hematoma, and all rigor and shivering present. What is the diagnosis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to say that the epidural analgesia taken seven years back is definitely not the reason for her chronic headache. As she is having chills and rigors, check her temperature, and headache along with that suggests some acute viral fever. Kindly...  Read Full »

Shivering while sleeping for a couple of seconds. What is the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My father, age 67, while sleeping has shivers for a couple of seconds. This happens after an interval of 1 to 2 minutes. Is it something to be worried or concerned about? He is consuming BP control medicine Amlong 0.5 mg daily. No other ongoing health problems apart from his knee pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached files and videos thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can reassure you that these movements are due to hypotonia during sleep and not due to medical disease, nothing to worry about. I ...  Read Full »