Q. From the MRI report, what is your opinion about my shoulder pain?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 17, 2021

I am suffering from shoulder pain since five months. My shoulder was dislocated for the third time and I took an MRI scan. My doctor said that we need to do surgery. What is your opinion?

#

I have gone through your question in detail.

• You are suffering from a recurrent dislocation of the shoulder.
  • In this condition, the soft tissue covering the capsule around the shoulder joint bones is torn. This causes the head of the humerus bone to dislocate frequently and causing cartilage damage.
  • There is no role of conservative treatment. The only treatment available is surgery.
  • Arthroscopic surgery is better than open surgery. Consult an orthopedician for further management.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|