Shoulder Injury

When will my fracture heal?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I fractured my left clavicle. The bones were displaced and the doctors advised to heal it conservatively. They used sling and the figure of 8 brace for six weeks for the same. No retraction for alignment or surgery was performed. It has been three months and still I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Conservative management of clavicle fracture followed by rehabilitation for complete shoulder movements may take up to three months of time under normal circumstances. Bump during fracture healing is a normal phenomenon and it is due to callus formation. It resolves a...  Read Full »

Can shoulder labrum tear be healed without surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I sustained a shoulder injury while working out and it turned out to be a labrum tear. I can rotate my arm without any problem. I feel the pain only while playing badminton. The doctor has suggested surgery and I do not want to go for it. Kindly go through my re...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the MRI report attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend surgery to you if you wish to continue playing badminton or any activity with overhead action or involving throwing activity. I...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for Hill-Sachs lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, I hit my shoulder a while back. Since then, my shoulder slightly turns to the side like a dislocation or something whenever I do anything strenuous like work out or swimming or hanging on to something. I can just tilt my hand and it would come back to the original position, so it is not a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hill-Sachs lesion (humeral bone head fracture) on the MRI suggests that you had a shoulder injury and it needs treatment either non-surgically or surgically. It can only get decided after seeing the MRI images as I need to see the amount of bone and soft tissue injury in...  Read Full »

Recently I noticed one side of my shoulder blade is pushed up. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have been playing rugby league for 13 years now. I have not broken anything, but I dislocated my elbow three years ago, and I recently noticed my shoulder blade is pushed up. I can feel it is positioned high and clearly noticeable by viewing and comparing it to t...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what I understand, it seems that you may be having a winging scapula. The cause of winging is a weakness in your serratus anterior muscle due to nerve injury. This is quite possible in contact sports with recurrent stretch as you tilt your head the other way, an...  Read Full »

I have injured my shoulder three times during horse riding accidents. How can I correct it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female 5'2" in height and 70kg weight. I have injured my left shoulder three times in horse riding accidents over the years but never got it checked. I then recently carried a heavy bag with the arm hanging down for roughly 10 minutes, four times over a few hours. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will answer your last question first, the answer is no. You can strain your ligaments but cannot tear them by carrying heavy loads unless you have strained a poorly healed torn ligament. Unlikely if you had no deformity to start within the shoulder and no immediate...  Read Full »

I have attached my MRI report. Kindly tell me how severe the damage is.

Query: Hello doctor,I have an MRI report for my right shoulder. I had a car accident and would like to know if the car accident could have caused the injuries that are in the MRI report. I would also like to know how severe the damage is. I had a steroid injection done a week before the MRI was taken. Ther...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The three main findings highlighted in the MRI are, 1) Rotator cuff- there appears to be little evidence of a recent trauma with only an intra substance delamination but no tear. And some bursal fraying as adjacent fluid again degenerative is not traumatic. 2) Acr...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

My shoulder dislocated while dancing, but went back right in and now it is numb. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 9 inches, and I weigh 130 lbs. I am a professional dancer. I dislocated my left shoulder while dancing. I had to make a move that involved throwing the arms out and across the body to the right side sharply and quickly. It popped ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you described was a dislocation of the shoulder joint and a reduction on its own. When the relocation of this forearm head in the joint cavity does not happen on its own, we try to reduce it again in the joint cavity with some maneuvering, and immobilize it with ...  Read Full »

Getting clicking sound in my shoulder while doing exercise. What could be the problem?

Query: Hi doctor,  I am a 20 year old male of 6'2" height and 215 pounds weight. I am getting some clicking sound around my shoulder blade area, and sometimes, it moves to the trapezius muscle. I am also experiencing aches in my left chest (my doctor said that my heart is fine ), pain in the upper port...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns. The symptoms you have mentioned suggest the possibility of a musculoskeletal disorder called snapping scapula syndrome, but we have to rule out other condition before commencing the treatment. It is quite...  Read Full »

Do you notice any abnormalities in my right shoulder MRI?

Query: Hi doctor, I have right shoulder and posterior scapula pain. The pain began a few years ago when a huge dog suddenly tried to run while I was holding his leash, resulting in my arm being pulled. A year after that, I fell on rocks and landed with a right outstretched hand. Now, my right shoulder is l...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and also seen the MRI images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have mentioned that the injury to your shoulder was a few years back. As you have described, there was a sudden pull, and I feel that it has r...  Read Full »