Q. How can I manage shoulder pain?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Published on Sep 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetamol for the shoulder pain.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

Keep icing the painful area frequently. The pain in the shoulder could be a muscle strain or a spasm after a prolonged period of compression possibly due to lying over that shoulder. It can be an AC joint (acromioclavicular joint) strain. Massage the area gently. Gentle stretching of the shoulder will help you feel comfortable.

| 

Why am I having nosebleeds and dryness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 22 years old, 110 pounds (50 kg), and height 160 cm. I rarely have nosebleeds, but I had one two days back and again this morning. It woke me up before work. The last lasted for 10 minutes (it seemed like a normal nosebleed). The one this morning lasted around 45 minute...  Read Full »

Why do my kidneys hurt when I cough?

Query: Hello doctor, Five years ago, I had a kidney stone but it was small and went through the urine. Now, the problem is, I got common cold, fever, and cough. Common cold and fever were gone after taking medicine but the cough remains. I thought it will be alright after some time but it did not get bett...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now