Q. How can I manage shoulder pain?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetamol for the shoulder pain.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

Keep icing the painful area frequently. The pain in the shoulder could be a muscle strain or a spasm after a prolonged period of compression possibly due to lying over that shoulder. It can be an AC joint (acromioclavicular joint) strain. Massage the area gently. Gentle stretching of the shoulder will help you feel comfortable.

|