Q. My right arm, shoulder, and neck are paining. What to do?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Right arm joint upto the shoulder neck pain for the last few days it increased from yesterday evening having difficulty moving 490yrs Male

#

Hello, I read your concern.

In my opinion it could be due to some nerve irritation following neck spasm due to facet joint irritation. Nothing to worry. As of now I would advise you to

1. Keep icing frequently.. Over the neck once in every 2 hours fir 15 mins.
  2. Gentle massage over the neck will help you relax the tension. Back and front areas of neck.
  3. Gentle stretch the neck muscle and hold it for a while may be around 5secs.. Stretch should be very gentle so that it should not cause any pain due to excessive pressure applied.
  4. Keep a rolled towel under the neck and lie on it.
  5. Keep the Side of pain slightly bend so that you feel completely comfortable and maintain that position for few minutes
  6. Do mild chin tuck exercises.
  7. Do hydrate yourself.. Drink lot of water.. If possible take ORS occasionally.

If irritation reduces, try to Maintain neck in mild arching by placing hand on the chin while lying down over stomach. Hold this for atleast 5 mins.. During this you should not experience any pain in shoulder.. There will be pain in the back of neck.

Hope this is helpful for you Kindly revert back to me to let me know your status.

Bad posture

Facet joint arthropathy

Wry neck

Rice and mobilisation

Avoid aggravating postures

After a day..

|