Q. My right arm, shoulder, and neck are paining. What to do?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Right arm joint upto the shoulder neck pain for the last few days it increased from yesterday evening having difficulty moving 490yrs Male

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

Hello, I read your concern.

In my opinion it could be due to some nerve irritation following neck spasm due to facet joint irritation. Nothing to worry. As of now I would advise you to

1. Keep icing frequently.. Over the neck once in every 2 hours fir 15 mins.
  2. Gentle massage over the neck will help you relax the tension. Back and front areas of neck.
  3. Gentle stretch the neck muscle and hold it for a while may be around 5secs.. Stretch should be very gentle so that it should not cause any pain due to excessive pressure applied.
  4. Keep a rolled towel under the neck and lie on it.
  5. Keep the Side of pain slightly bend so that you feel completely comfortable and maintain that position for few minutes
  6. Do mild chin tuck exercises.
  7. Do hydrate yourself.. Drink lot of water.. If possible take ORS occasionally.

If irritation reduces, try to Maintain neck in mild arching by placing hand on the chin while lying down over stomach. Hold this for atleast 5 mins.. During this you should not experience any pain in shoulder.. There will be pain in the back of neck.

Hope this is helpful for you Kindly revert back to me to let me know your status.

Bad posture

Facet joint arthropathy

Wry neck

Rice and mobilisation

Avoid aggravating postures

After a day..

| 

Spinal Causes of Neck Pain

Article Overview: Neck pain is one of the most common problems among people, especially with desk jobs and those working on computers most of the time. The causes of neck pain can be divided into spinal and non-spinal causes. Here in this article, we will try to understand some of the most common causes of neck pain. Read Article

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Almost every one of us has suffered from neck pain once in our lifetime. The lifestyle of people in this competitive world exposes them to many mechanical problems like low back pain and neck pain. There are various reasons for neck pain. Broadly we can divide them into spinal causes and non-spinal ...  Read Article

I am having neck pain with weakness after anterior discectomy of C3, C4 and C5. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old, before 16 years underwent anterior discectomy of c3c4&c4c5 with fusion. Even had neck pain and pain got radiated to neck and back while working. Suffering with pain for 16 years but I got used to it. But for past few months neck became very very week am not able...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now