Q. What is the cause of shoulder pain and how to treat it?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

I am a track athlete and yesterday in training I did some bench press, short sprints, push-ups and core work. I warmed down and stretched. I woke up this morning with pain in my right shoulder and halfway through the day, this pain is getting worse. What is a possible cause of this and how do I treat it?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert Physiotherapy
#

I have understood your concerns about your shoulder pain.

I suspect acute injury to shoulder muscles or ligament. So, that is why the shoulder may be paining.

According to me, because of bench press, your muscles around the shoulder may be overstretched and that can lead to injury. But, that will healwithin a week. You need to be cautious about giving rest to the shoulder. Apply only ice pack to painful part for two days thrice a day for 20 minutes each.

You can consult a physiotherapist to take TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) and ultrasound treatment. Within a week you will get benefitted.

Hope you satisfied with the answer.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|