Shoulder Stiffness

Are joint pain, stiffness in the elbow and shoulders, and hair loss signs of lupus?

Query: Hello doctor,I am seeking a second opinion. I have symptoms of lupus and sarcoidosis. Both are in my immediate family. My blood test has some abnormalities but tested negative for lupus. I have joint pain in my wrist and knees, with stiffness in my hands, elbow, and shoulders. I am fatigued and unab...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kackar

Rheumatologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long are you having these pains? How is your gut health? What is your level of stress? Do you have ANA, ANTI-DS DNA report? Have you tried HCQS (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate) or Sulfasalazine for these pains? With medication, you will require a proper dietar...  Read Full »

How to manage a frozen shoulder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old male, I weight 135 pounds, and I am 5.3 feet tall. I take daily maintenance Versant 5 mg (for hypertension) and Janumet 50 mg (for diabetes). I have frozen right shoulder pain from the upper back shoulder, highest pain in the upper inner arm shooting down to my hand. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing. As per your medical history, you suffer from a frozen shoulder, and now it is paining with restricted movement of your shoulder. Since it is paining now, I would advise you to do the following things, 1. Get an MRI scan of the shoulder joint as ...  Read Full »

Does Cissus extract promote tendon healing?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from shoulder stiffness, especially in the evening and at night. As he gets pain with some physical activities, he is avoiding most of the physical activities. Even 3 hours of car travelling will result in shoulder pain. He had an MRI scan and I have attached the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cissus quandrangularis extract will not help much for the tendon as such, but you can continue that for the bones. I suggest tablet Tendocare (combination of Collagen peptide, Sodium hyaluronate, Chondroitin sodium sulfate and vitamin C) thrice daily for three months befo...  Read Full »

What causes shoulder pain immediately after you get up from bed?

Query: Hi Doctor, having shoulder pain from yesterday right after getting up from bed. Yesterday it was mild but today it got increased and having pain while moving shoulder and during shoulder movements. Having pain during shoulder movements like lifting and feeling shoulder stiffness.   Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi Thanks for your query and Welcome to Icliniq. You have mentioned Shoulder pain which started after you woke up indicating postural issues at sleep which might have initiated this pain. Do you have any feeling of weakness, numbness etc also in the affected limb? If there is no history of...  Read Full »

What causes neck and shoulder stiffness while lying?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female. I do not have any medical issues that could associate with my problem. About a month ago I woke up to pain and stiffness in my neck and shoulders. I figured I just slept wrong or something little like that. But every single night since then, I have been woke...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have explained points towards arthritis. It can be osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis depending on the joints involved and the duration of morning stiffness. Usually, in rheumatoid arthritis, morning stiffness remains for more than 45 minutes and...  Read Full »

Will vitamin D deficiency cause joint pain with neck and shoulder stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I have chronic pain in joints and morning stiffness. I have normal C3, C4 blood work. My vitamin D level was 12.6 ng/ml before and at present it is 28 ng/ml.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your message and understand your concern. You seem to have weak bones and vitamin deficiency. That is causing bone and joint pains. You need to take supplements and symptomatic treatment.  Read Full »

Will scoliosis likely to cause severe back pain along with elbow and shoulder stifness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 15-year-old cheerleader who experiences bad back pain. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 10, but everyone that I have met with scoliosis did not have pain like me. I have tightness and pain in my elbows, shoulders, ankles, knees, and hips but the back pain is excruci...  Read Full »

Dr. Catherine Bevington

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Sorry to hear that you have pain for such a long time. I am sure you understand that I cannot fully answer your queries without seeing you and examining you. But it sounds as though you have joint hypermobility with scoliosis. This can cause severe pain because your muscles have to wo...  Read Full »

How long can I expect the shoulder pain to last after rotator cuff repair?

Query: Hello doctor, I had arthroscopy surgery of my right shoulder approximately five weeks ago. The surgeon repaired a rotator cuff tear, labrum tear, released one bicep tendon and did not reattach it, and subacromial decompression. The pain is still intense, and I am taking Oxycodone. I just started pas...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs can be quite a difficult task post-operatively especially, after the physiotherapy is started. The pain and stiffness usually get better after a month of starting physiotherapy. So, rest after surgery combined with physiot...  Read Full »

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI report is telling us of the previous surgeries that the shoulder has had. Currently, there is a fresh partial thickness tear of one of the rotator cuff muscles. There is also some changes that suggest that you may be having early stages of frozen shoulder. Bot...  Read Full »

Why is my shoulder not rotating fully?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from a shoulder rotation and mobility issues when I play sport. When I throw a ball, my shoulder is not fully rotating. It is mostly external rotation of my shoulder.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your shoulder mobility issue could be mainly due to flexibility and stability issues associated with the shoulder girdle. This could be more pronounced, especially playing a sport involved in throwing, as the flexibility is always compromised due to stability and mo...  Read Full »