Q. What would happen if I did not consult a physiotherapist after a shoulder surgery?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

After my right shoulder surgery, do I need a physiotherapist? What would happen if I do not consult a physiotherapist?

#

I recommend you consult a physiotherapist for rehabilitation post surgery as it is very important that you gain strength and mobility. Otherwise, there would be some imbalance remaining within the muscle group and may give rise to minor nagging issues after a while.

So, it is just a matter of few weeks of strengthening that keeps you away from many issues that might arise afterward. By saying this, I am not frightening you that you will definitely have, but there could be a possibility which may be avoided completely.

Hope this is helpful for you.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for an 81-year-old woman?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 81 years old. She had undergone one left shoulder surgery due to a fracture in the neck of the humerus four years ago. She also had experienced a cerebral stroke resulting partial paralysis of the left hand and the left leg. Now, due to a sudden fall on the ground, she also ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Physiotherapist Now