Q. Fluid is seen in subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa. What should I do?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Published on Feb 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

In left shoulder joint minimal fluid seen in the subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa and also in bicep tendon. Finding symptoms of subcoracoid/ subdeltoid bursitis and mild biceps Tendinosis.

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

The report is suggestive of some impingement of shoulder joint with a mild fluid collection. I recommend you to not to load your shoulder for a while.

I suggest:

1. A lot of icing for the joint like once in two hours for 15 minutes.
  2. Gentle kneading over the rotator cuff (shoulder muscles and over upper back).
  3. Gentle stretching of the posterior capsule of shoulder and sleeper stretch.
  4. No overhead activities of the shoulder joint.
  5. Anti-inflammatory medication if you had been given earlier. It recovers very well.

Hope this is helpful for you.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full

I have pain in neck, hand, and weakness due to degenerative changes. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with the degenerative changes in the cervical and many more things. I am attaching the MRI report also. Symptoms include pain in neck, shoulder, hand, weakness, dizziness. I cannot sleep properly, cannot sit for a long time. I have also consulted with some doctor but no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gerry Mike
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and seen the MRI report. It seems that the spine shows degeneration in the bones and disk but does not show any impingement of the spinal cord and the nerves. However, the cervical vertebrae are abnormally straightened as opposed to normal curve...  Read Full

I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint. I suggest you p...  Read Full

Ask a Physiotherapist Now