Shoulder X-ray

Do left arm pain and shoulder pain in an elderly patient indicates heart disease?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about my 69 years old mother, non-obese, nonhypertensive, nondrinker/smoker. She is not on any medication. She is unable to move her left arm for the past three days and also has shoulder pain, especially when not sitting. There was no injury to the arm. And the trouble moving...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ilciniq.com. Please attach the ECG report, it is not attached. Please clarify, whether the pain is prominent feature or inability to move the arm, or is it like that she is not able to move arm because of pain or fear of pain. Now, this is not indicative of heart disease. Left a...  Read Full »

Why is there shoulder pain after snowboarding?

Query: Hello doctor, I felt doing snowboarding 2 days ago. My shoulder hurts more and more. My chiropractor gave me a prescription for an X-ray. I have my X-ray but nobody to read it before next week. Can someone read it for me and tell me if I need to go to emergency hospital or it can wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to ilciniq.com. I am so sorry for what happened. I can certainly help you to read your X-ray. If you are able to move you arm most probably it is not a complete fracture. Of course there may be incomplete fracture. Need to see the X-ray. Meanwhile try to stabilize your left shoulder an...  Read Full »

Can Bell's palsy cause bloated stomach, frozen shoulder, and tightness in the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57 year old male, who was diagnosed with Bell's palsy about a year back. I was treated with steroids for 10 days along with antiviral medicines. I was also given Mecobalamin (Tetrafol plus) which I am still taking. I had also taken ayurvedic medicines Brihat Vatchintamani Ras, Ras...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fatigue is a side effect of homeopathic medicine Causticum. And stomach bloating, dry mouth and tightness in the throat are the side effects of Biochemic Mag Phos. For further information consult an internal medicine physician --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-o...  Read Full »

I have severe pain eight years after a scoliosis surgery. Could something be wrong?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent scoliosis surgery eight years ago and have been experiencing a pain around my left shoulder blade. Recently this pain has gotten so bad it has become difficult to even breathe and sleep. Is it possible something is wrong with the rods that were placed during the surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The segments adjacent to the one that was stabilized may sometimes start to misbehave due to abnormal loads. As it has been eight years since surgery, the likelihood of an infection and loosening are less likely, though it cannot be completely ruled out. You need to se...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for shoulder dislocation and fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I wish to know if a surgery is needed for shoulder dislocation-cum-fracture. The patient is already undergoing treatment for arthritis and depression. So, will there be complications if put on anesthesia?  Read Full »

Dr. Melvin J George

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the dislocation has been reduced and she is planned for surgery. I need to know about the status of the fracture, whether it is displaced or not and the exact location of the fracture. Can you share with me the X-ray image, so that I can answer you to...  Read Full »

I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I jumped off a boat and my sternum popped. I have swelling and severe pain. I am taking Ibuprofen. It hurts to breathe and move my arms. I have a history of osteoporosis, degenerative disk disease, and scoliosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a sterno-clavicular dislocation. If it is, then you need to lie down and push the shoulder behind. But, an orthopedic surgeon needs to reduce the dislocation. Till then wear an arm sling pouch. I suggest you continue taking Ibuprofen. And upload the X-rays a...  Read Full »

Can I try physiotherapy for my shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

My shoulder dislocated while dancing, but went back right in and now it is numb. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 9 inches, and I weigh 130 lbs. I am a professional dancer. I dislocated my left shoulder while dancing. I had to make a move that involved throwing the arms out and across the body to the right side sharply and quickly. It popped ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you described was a dislocation of the shoulder joint and a reduction on its own. When the relocation of this forearm head in the joint cavity does not happen on its own, we try to reduce it again in the joint cavity with some maneuvering, and immobilize it with ...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My weight is 54 kg and height is 4'10". I have been suffering from upper arm and shoulder pain for the past one year, and it increased in the last three months. I cannot lift any weight. I feel pain with movement (forward and backward) of the arm. The arm is sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-traumatic pain in shoulder in a female of your age group is either because of periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder or due to early osteoarthritic changes in the shoulder joint. Both clinical examination and radiological investigation such as x-ray and MRI sca...  Read Full »

I am experiencing neck and shoulder pain from childhood. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I am experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. It ranges from dull to severe and happens when I stand or walk for over an hour. I have been experiencing this since I was a child and have never received an explanation or treatment. I am not sure if it is r...  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman

Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your question and viewed your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am sorry you are experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. Based on the image, it is hard to tell what vertebrae this is. It could be C7 or T1. Does it hurt when ...  Read Full »