Side Effect Of Antidepressants

Please tell me the side effects of medicines used to treat GAD.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from unsteadiness, muscle tension, mild fatigue, anxiety and depression. I have been diagnosed with GAD. My doctor prescribed my Clonazapem 5 mg and Escitalopran 10 mg. Is it fine to take half of each tablet? Will it cause any intolerable side effects? I do not want to tak...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think for a 71 Kg young male the chance of side effects with recommended dose is very minimal, but at the same time I do not think this could be the final dose. Your doctor is right in saying take 5 mg of Escitalopram and this is the minimal effective dose for firs...  Read Full »

I am taking antidepressants for a long time and suffering from erectile dysfunction. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. I am taking the following medicines for the past seven years, but I am extremely suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. What can I do? Bisoprolol 2.5 mg once daily, Flupentixol and Melitracen (0.5mg+10mg) once daily, Theophylline 400 mg ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why are you taking anti-depressant and antipsychotic drugs, that too for so long time? Why these medicines were started? Are you also suffering from some heart problems? Please reply so that I may guide you accordingly. Regarding erectile dysfunction, most of the antid...  Read Full »

Is laziness a side effect of psychiatric medicines?

Query: Hi Doctor, I am taking the following psychiatric medications: Oleptal DT 300 1-0-1, Encorate Chrono 300 1-0-1, Zipsydon 80 1-0-1, Flunil 60 1-1-0, Zapiz 0.5 1-1-1, Provanol 10 1-1-1 and Waklert 150 1-0-0. I feel lazy and have low libido. Tentex forte is not working for me. Please modify my dosage, s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in a combination of multiple medicines and feeling lazy and low libido. You are taking Zapiz (Clonazepam) 0.5 mg one tablet three times a day. I advise you to make it half tablet three times a day. This should reduce your laziness. Secondly, you...  Read Full »

Will the usage of antidepressant medicines have any adverse effect on sex life?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 19 years. I am on antidepressant tablets like Paroxetine prolonged-release, Clonazepam, Mirtazapine, and Dosulepin. I have a problem with erection and do not have a sex drive. Will these medicines have any adverse effects on my sex life? What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are on three different types of antidepressants - Paroxetine, Mirtazapine, and Dosulepin. Clonazepam is meant for short term use. Is your depression better after having these medicines? What is the duration of your medication? Do you experience any other side ef...  Read Full »

Due to OCD medications, I am facing erectile dysfunction. Is there any Siddha medicine available for this?

Query: Hello doctor, Due to OCD medicine Clofranil 50 mg, erectile dysfunction problem has raised, and subsequently, ejaculation is not happening. Is there any Siddha medicine available for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking an allopathy drug Clofranil (Clomipramine). Few side effect of this drug is dry mouth, ejaculation failure, and difficulty in urination. Since these are the side effects of the Clofranil, nothing can be done. You can ask the neurologist or psychiatrist (...  Read Full »

What causes akinetopsia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing inconspicuous akinetopsia, which can be caused by Nefazodone, Risperdal and Trazodone. I take Abilify 10 mg, Trileptal 600 mg twice a day, Luvox 150 mg twice a day and Trazodone 50 g as needed for sleep. Could any of the other medicines can cause akinetopsia? The akine...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Inconspicuous akinetopsia (motion blindness) may be caused due to defects in visual cortex or may be caused by certain antidepressants like Nefazodone and its older sibling Trazodone and hallucinogens like LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide). It is very unlikely to be cause...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get prickling, stinging sensations in arms as a side effect of Prozac?

Query: Hello doctor,Is it normal to get prickling stinging sensations especially in arms as a startup a side effect of Prozac? I see it can happen in withdrawal but not a startup. It is scaring me to continue. I have only been taking 4 mg for four days.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Fluoxetine (Prozac) induced abnormal skin sensation like pricking, tingling, or numbness feeling have been occasionally reported. They are not common but can happen and are usually only for a short period. 2. It is also possible that the pricking and stinging sen...  Read Full »

What symptoms can I expect when I stop taking Fluoxetine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken three pills of Fluoxetine 10 mg across three days. I decided to discontinue it. When should I start worrying about the withdrawal symptoms? Will it be severe?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The likelihood of developing withdrawal symptoms is very less, as you received it for a very short duration, and also since it has a longer half-life. You may have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, light-headedness, dizziness, diminished appetite, sweatin...  Read Full »

I am losing my memory after taking drugs for anxiety and depression. Is it due to the side effect of the drug?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. When I was 15 years old, I started to suffer from depression and had to undergo psychiatric treatment. I was prescribed Trazonil for a sleep disorder and Flunil for depression and anxiety. I was under this medication for nearly seven years. In the meanwhile, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are insightful about the problems caused by excessive alcohol intake. Have you contemplated cutting down on alcohol? Alcohol may be playing a significant part affecting your memory and also have a negative impact on your emotional health. ...  Read Full »

Does the adverse effects of Seroquel make the time of my derealization last longer?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been using an antidepressant for the last two to three years. About two months ago, I received very exciting news that I had been waiting for a long time. After a short while, I had panic attacks one after another. I asked a doctor and learned that the things I was experiencing w...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seroquel is Quetiapine and is an antipsychotic drug, but the drug is also used in mood disorders like bipolar disorder or resistant depression. The drug does not make a person schizophrenic. A lot of psychiatrists use this drug as augmentation therapy for depression ...  Read Full »