Q. Is it normal to have delayed period after taking the birth control pills?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 06, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 08, 2022

I stopped taking my birth control pills for a week. I had my period at the same time. After that, I stopped taking the pill for a week and started taking it 11 days ago, but I did not have my period. Is this normal?

#

Birth control pills come in packs of 21 and 28 tablets. I suggest you take one tablet daily for three weeks, give a gap of one week, and immediately start the next pack after a week. You need to follow the same rule with 21 white tablets. Once you finish the 21 white tablets, you start taking the seven red placebo tablets, which are simply vitamins. There could be two reasons for the delay in your period. First, as you are taking pills, your period might be delayed. Once you stop taking your pills, your period should come within 72 hours. You are not taking your pills properly, so I suggest you undergo a pregnancy test.

|