Q. My skin was damaged after using cortisone cream. How to heal it?

Dr. Rashmi Singh

I am 26 years old. I am trying to find a way to heal my skin after abuse of cortisone creams. Quite specifically, in between my eyebrows, my skin is seriously thin and looks damaged. I stopped using the cortisone creams before four years, and I was given them to use due to allergic reaction hives. I am skeptical of using acids and any chemicals. I have hyperpigmentation on my forehead and do not want to worsen it. I have been reading vitamin C and vitamin E creams, but do not know which is the best. Thank you.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• How long did you use cortisone cream over the face?
  • Repair of steroid induced damage requires a lot of patience.
  • In mild to moderate cases, gentle cleanser - Cetyl alcohol based with barrier repair agents containing Ceramide and Hyaluronic acid suffice.
  • In cases where damage is severe, we recommend an immunomodulator cream like Pimecrolimus. But, I would not suggest it without your physician checking your skin.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full »

Can cafe-au-lait spots cause neurofibromatosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed three to five cafe-au-lait spots in my body in which three of them are confirmed, the other two were light and was not examined by my dermatologist. I do not have enough spots to be diagnosed with neurofibromatosis 1, but I was scared that I could be affected with neurofib...  Read Full »