Q. My skin was damaged after using cortisone cream. How to heal it?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

I am 26 years old. I am trying to find a way to heal my skin after abuse of cortisone creams. Quite specifically, in between my eyebrows, my skin is seriously thin and looks damaged. I stopped using the cortisone creams before four years, and I was given them to use due to allergic reaction hives. I am skeptical of using acids and any chemicals. I have hyperpigmentation on my forehead and do not want to worsen it. I have been reading vitamin C and vitamin E creams, but do not know which is the best. Thank you.

#

• How long did you use cortisone cream over the face?
  • Repair of steroid induced damage requires a lot of patience.
  • In mild to moderate cases, gentle cleanser - Cetyl alcohol based with barrier repair agents containing Ceramide and Hyaluronic acid suffice.
  • In cases where damage is severe, we recommend an immunomodulator cream like Pimecrolimus. But, I would not suggest it without your physician checking your skin.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|