Q. How effective is Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction and what are its common side effects?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have a question regarding the safety of Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction. What are the most common side effects of the drug?

Thanks.

#

Sildenafil is a prostaglandin inhibitor. Its primary function is constriction of the venous outflow in the penis and maintains the erection. It has few side effects and should be used consciously with angina (cardiac pain due to vascular spasm) and patients who take nitrates for angina. It is not advisable for people with an ejection fraction of less than 30% on an echocardiogram. The common side effects are flushing, headache, and dizziness. On the other hand, it benefits people with difficulty passing urine and organic erectile dysfunction.

It should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 30 minutes before sex. Erection is not automatic after taking the tablet; sexual stimulation is required.

Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to have a video chat with you.

Thanks.

#

Yes, sure, you can connect with me through video access.

|