Sildenafil is a medication for treating erectile dysfunction and also managing symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the advised dose of Sildenafil for a diabetic person like me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 54 years male, having erectile dysfunction and diabetes for the last three years with HbA1c value 8 %. Can you please prescribe the dose of Sildenafil?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Erectile dysfunction can be due to many conditions including psychological and underlying conditions like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, atherosclerotic disease and some medicine such as antipsychotic, some antihypertensives. So you need to be evaluated to...  Read Full »

Do I need a prescription for erectile dysfunction pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing erectile dysfunction. Are there any over-the-counter medications for a quick solution? I am on a tour with my wife and I am not accessible to any specialist. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is difficult to get such drugs over the counter. I suggest you can use tablets used to treat erectile dysfunctions like Sildenafil 50 mg or Tadalafil 10 mg. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines. Silden...  Read Full »

What are the potential side effects of Suhagra in a long run?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old male. My height is 5 feet 10 inches and weighs about 90 kg. I am a non-alcoholic and non-smoking person. I have two children. Now I am facing erectile dysfunction problem. First time I used Suhagra 25 mg and I enjoyed successfully. How long I have to use this table...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You can use this tablet for the long term as this tablet does not cure your erectile dysfunction. It works when you use it and its effect lasts for few hours to days. Now coming to the habit to overcome this includes daily exercise or morning walk for at least 40 mi...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting proper erection and unable to perform well?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. I am a hypertensive patient. Currently, I am taking Telma 20 mg, Metoprolol 25 mg in the morning and Roseday 5 mg at night. My weight is 105 kilograms. I am not getting proper erection nowadays. Though I have an interest in intercourse, I am unable to perform. Before a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report shows that you have diabetes, deficiency of vitamin D3 and vitamin B12. Your hba1C (glycated hemoglobin) is in a higher range. Take care of these issues. Have a walk in the ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from ED and PE. Please advise proper medicines.

Query: Hi doctor, I have no sugar and BP. I am living a healthy lifestyle. I am suffering severely from ED and PE since last 10 to 12 years (it lasts for two to three minutes only). Please advise proper medicine which is not harmful to my health.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There are many reasons for this condition, so you need to be evaluated and physical examination is required. For managing ED (erectile dysfunction), a drug like Sildenafil or Tadalafil are the first-line treatment. Sildenafil can be started from 50 mg for almost half a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.